Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Freezepop; Swimming Pool

i listen to the above to calm my daily frenzied nerves when im heading for work.

ohkay..work has been..ohkay.

when im rushing to work squashed against the glass pane unable to breathe on the train feeling overwhelmed by claustrophobia wishing i was not sadly horizontally challenged,
i feel like slapping myself for being so rash and willingly enslaving myself to 9-to-6 free labour. wtf am i so cheap!?
then i need to remind myself to take deep breaths as i scurry along to search for favourite speedy bus 64 that always disappears every morning so i need to succumb to 16 which wades around town like a frustrated tortoise
then when i alight at bus stop outisde zouk i think about my forecasted future for 2 months - visiting kim seng road every fucking week day, yes week DAY when people go on week NIGHTS. the irony of it all.

then i hurry into the office, late as usual and i look at my disgusting old school computer and the dusty keyboard my suicidal meter is going skyhigh

but when i pick winners, pack random stuff like anna sui and benefit freebies, see the mag in mini, i try to comfort myself that this is all better than being a slug at home yes i am contributing to the society life is busy everyday but i will learn to love it because it is wayyy better than empty calendar dates and its okay cos i am earning money elsewhere ...

and the washrooms are beyond pretty with nice smelling soap (i wash my hands enough to suspect i have developed a .. condition) and staircases. yes, staircases in a loo. lavatory. toilet. plus those paper toilet seat covers that you put on well, your toilet seat. i feel like im in japan.

and my very nice and kind colleague who sits next to me and hence talks to me (and her computer) when she isn't bitching with the other colleagues about other colleagues, gave me wet wipes that are supposedly secretly bacteria killers, for my disgusting dusty keyboard.

okay who am i kidding. im never going to work for free again.
can a white sheet of letter headlined Recommendation be worth the 2 months while of shit.
i'd be really glad if it was longer than my 2 years' worth of testimonial at sajc. (which, if you know me well, would know it was hardly astoundingly long, for i was never really a fan of co-curricular activities to say the least)
-

anyway 3 quick things i learnt so far..

#o1. nobody bothers about accurate grammar or spelling. your qualifications are actually worth about as much as ice mountain (nothing against the former. it's my favourite actually i think it tastes most .. watery - yes evidently i'm glad the standard of english isn't of great concern - sorta) in the world of evian and fiji water.

#02. the correct manner of folding letters and stuffing them into envelopes in the speed of light.

#o3. MICROSOFT EXCEL IS A VITAL TOOL AND MY BEST FRIEND.

#o4. people actually win contests everyday there are actually insane people who leave their anna suis sadly squashed and boxed up in a freezing dusty storeroom

okay that was 4.

-

okay CHARMAINE ONG WAN LING, student of SMU, SAJC, CEDAR GIRLS', PLMGS PRIMARY are you happy now that i am ranting incessantly

p/s inside joke for the above para. do not think i have gone bonkers.

-

okay enough ranting i should think.
THE LUXURY OF BEING HOME EARLY FOR ONCE
WITH GG LOADING ON ANOTHER TAB :D